Tomorrow is International Helmet Awareness Day! If you are involed with horse therapy or own a horse let someone else know!
“The webinar speaker schedule for the 2012 International Helmet Awareness Day has been announced. Riders4Helmets.com teamed up with leading helmet manufacturers around the globe to host this year’s International Helmet Awareness Day on June 9.
“In addition to dedicating International Helmet Awareness Day 2012 to Courtney King-Dye, we are proud to also dedicate it to Dr. Craig Ferrell (MD), U.S. Equestrian Team Physician and Chair (of the Fédération Equestre Internationale) Medical Council, who passed away on May 28,” said Lyndsey White, founder of Riders4Helmets. “Dr. Ferrell worked with us on the Riders4Helmets campaign for two years and we intend to continue to grow the campaign globally in his honor.”
The “Get Educated” webinar live stream will begin June 9 at 9:00 a.m. Speakers and times include:
- Time TBD–Eventing legend Lucinda Green, MBE on “Role Models” (visit riders4helmets.com on Friday for confirmed time)
- 9:00 a.m. EDT–Michael Whitlock, MD, FRCS, FFAEM, consultant in emergency medicine on “The Importance of Helmets”
- 10:00 a.m. EDT–Paul Varnsverry, technical director of PVA Technical File Services Limited on “Point Two – Advances in Body Protector Technology”
- 11:00 a.m. EDT–Roy Burek, Charles Owen representative on “Helmet Fitting and When to Replace a Helmet”
- 2:00 p.m. EDT–Darren Chiacchia, American Olympian and traumatic brain injury survivor on “Accidents Happen To Anybody, Including Olympians”
- 3:00 p.m. EDT–Courtney King Dye, American Olympian and traumatic brain injury survivor on “My Story”
- 4:00 p.m. EDT–Tonya Johnston, mental skills coach on “Getting Equestrians To Wear Helmets”
Sign up for the talks at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/385029170. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up early. For more information on the Riders4Helmets campaign, visit www.riders4helmets.com.”
Pegasus is an organization that brings recovery through Horse Therapy and Equine Courses to help people achieve an addiction cure! Visit PegasusEct.com for more information! 🙂
Please support us by “Liking” our page at…Horse Therapy!